Re: Re: E-M:/ Clearcuts Redux

The Club's official policy has been No Commercial Logging for nearly three
years.
The new program has improved the outlook for short term as well as long term
protection.

 Before zero cut, we had the Salvage Rider.  AFTER zero cut, we have the USFS
supporting OUR position that the 25% fund should be eliminated.  This is
lifted directly from the National Forest Protection and Restoration Act
(NFPRA).

Also, we have seen the USFS state that they are moving toward a nonconsumptive
use management strategy AFTER the Siera Club went zero cut. The evidence is
overwhelming that Zero Cut/Ending Commercial Logging is precisely the approach
we need to protect our forests.--DO

I have been receiving The Mackinaw and  Forest Activist Newlsetter (FAN), and
in the last three years have not seen mention of NFPRA once!

Also, If the Mackinaw SC and Midwest SC supports Zero Cut like you contend,
why are they entertaining certification of public lands at the Lakes States
Working Group Roundtable??

Murray