E-M:/ Top 10 List

Enviro-Mich message from "Jeff Surfus" <jeffsurfus@email.msn.com>

Hello fellow enviro-michers,

I have an unusual request that I hope you will identify with and respond to.

I have been tasked by the Ecology Center of Ann Arbor to come up with an
article for their newsletter about the outlook for the 1999--2000 Michigan
Legislature with respect to environmental legislation.  As you can imagine,
researching this has been a rather depressing task, given the current state
of affairs.

I've decided to take a different approach to the rather dry recitation of
regulatory expectations, yadda, yadda, yadda...

Instead I want to come up with a Top 10 list, a la David Letterman.

What I need from YOU are what your expectations are from this legislature.
What do you fear will happen?  What do you hope will happen?  Is there a
particularly bad piece of legislation that you expect will come up?  Is
there going to be complete inaction with respect to the environment?

Please feel free to give me one response or 10 responses, based on your
thoughts.  Please keep the responses focused on the legislature rather than
the Engler administration.  That's another Top 10 list (or maybe Top 100!)
altogether.

It is my hope that this top 10 list will have a somewhat humorous angle to
it, so we all don't want to jump out a window after having read it.  If you
have a humorous take on your response, feel free to share it.  Otherwise you
will have to rely on my rather warped sense of humor.

For those of you inside the beltway, so to speak (I mean Lansing's beltway),
I really need your input on this.  So please guys (MEC, Sierra Club, MUCC,
CWA, ALA), share your thoughts on this!

Great procrastinator that I am, my timeline on this is rather short.  Please
send your responses to me (rather than deluging the list with the masses of
Jeff Surfus:  jeffsurfus@msn.com

As judge, jury, writer, and messenger, I will be the ultimate judge of the
final list.  I will post my findings after receiving the responses.
Hopefully this will be a useful exercise to help us all remain focused and
vigilant.

Please...the more responses I get, the more useful this exercise will be to
everyone.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Jeff Surfus