E-M:/ Deer Lake web site

Enviro-Mich message from " Don Snitgen" <dsnitgen@tds.net>

Hello,
During the past year a group of citizens concerned about preserving the
environmental integrity of Deer Lake, located in Shelter Bay, Onota
Township, Alger County, have worked to stop plans by the Michigan Department
of Natural Resources to construct a boat launch, 18-space parking lot, and
access road on the east end of the lake.  In an effort to inform the public
of our reasons for opposing the construction project I have constructed an
internet site on the world wide web.  I'm sending this invitation to
encourage you to peruse the site and to take action with us to stop the
ill-conceived boat launch plan.
Please forward the address of our web site to as many persons as possible.
It is my firm belief that when people are made aware of the detrimental
consequences of carrying out the plan they will join in our opposition to
it.
Work on the web site will be on-going, so I invite you to visit it often.
For example, I'm presently working on a section regarding the destruction of
wetland habitat that will be destroyed as a result of the planned dredging
for the launch ramp.
Thank you for your help.
Don Snitgen

SAVE DEER LAKE