E-M:/ ARCTIC REFUGE ADVOCACY TRAINING, Ann Arbor MI

Enviro-Mich message from Karen Tuerk <ktuerk@execpc.com>

Folks,

We have 10 spots reserved for activists to take part in the following
training conference
for FREE!  Contact me soon to reserve your spot at this April 10th
training in Ann Arbor.

Karen Tuerk,
Grassroots Environmental Effectiveness Network (GREEN)
Great Lakes Organizer
(608) 294-1338
ktuerk@execpc.com

*****ANNOUNCEMENT****ANNOUNCEMENT****ANNOUNCEMENT****

   AN  ARCTIC REFUGE ADVOCACY TRAINING
                               Ann Arbor, MI

This training is for friends of Alaska in the Great Lakes Region
who wish to come and learn about or increase their knowledge of Alaska's

wildlife and wildlands, the numerous threats they face, and what we can
do to
protect this spectacular wilderness for future generations to cherish.

In the past, the Great Lakes Region has been home to a host of
dedicated Alaska activists, who in turn have been instrumental in
staving off
threats to our nation's wildlife heritage. There is a huge nationwide
push
this year to pass legislation that would protect the refuge in
perpetuity. Many
members of Congress from the Midwest are vital targets.  Once again, the

fate of the Arctic Refuge is in our hands.

On Saturday April 10th,  the  Alaska Coalition will host an Arctic
Refuge
Advocacy Training for individuals who are passionate about protecting
Alaska's threatened wilderness and  have the desire to help educate and
mobilize others in their community around this important issue.

The purpose of the training is to increase your knowledge of this
ecologically, culturally, and spiritually vital area and teach you the
skills
 you need to become a leader in the struggle to permanently protect the
Arctic Refuge!

There are a limited number of spaces available. Please contact Karen
Tuerk at GREEN:  (608) 294-1338 or email her at ktuerk@execpc.com to
take
advantage of this incredible opportunity to become a more effective
advocate for the Arctic
wilderness! And please, pass this announcement on to anyone you know in
the
Great Lakes Region that wants to join in the fight to protect the Arctic

Refuge!

Date: Saturday, April 10
Cost: WE WILL PROVIDE meals, training materials, and
lodging... the only cost will be your energy, ideas, and commitment!