Re: E-M:/ April 1 DEQ meeting in lansing

Enviro-Mich message from "David Zaber" <dzaber@chorus.net>

DEQ agents telling people to use bogs as sewage treatment
facilities......wow.

Better yet, Why don't we use the yards of Harding, Engler, Trusscott and the
rest of the sleazies that fill the halls of MI govt for sewage disposal?
After all, if its safe enough for fragile ecosytems that are thousands of
years old, then it should be safe enough for the non-native grasses that
make up those lawns.

Given the recent Executive Order on exotic and non-native species, and given
the likelihood that purple loosestrife will invade the bog once nutrients
are introduced into it, one must wonder if the use of the bog, or of any
natural wetland, for sewage treatment is a violation of the EO?  One must
wonder........

David John Zaber
dzaber@chorus.net