Re: E-M:/ recycling

Enviro-Mich message from "Kerrin O'Brien" <mirc@voyager.net>

Yes, recycling plastic bags is a challenge.  They are very lightweight, voluminous
and subject to contamination problems.  Spartan Stores used to collect plastic
bags at all of their stores but discontinued the program because of contamination
and the cost of sorting the good stuff from the bad.  Kroger, I believe, accepts
bags and many dry cleaners accept the bags for recycling.  There are limited
markets for the material so the demand is not high enough to get any better price
for the material.
Hope this helps
Kerrin O'Brien
Michigan Recycling Coalition