Re: E-M:/ recycling

Enviro-Mich message from Barbara Jean Madsen <bjmadsen@biology.lsa.umich.edu>

Yes, it has become harder to recycle plastic bags.  I don't know of
anyplace in Ann Arbor that accepts them.  I have taken to using a cloth
bag for shopping (most grocery stores give a nickel credit for each bag of
your own that you use).  I still occasionally end up getting a bag from a
store; I just use these for garbage, instead of buying special garbage
bags.

	I believe the story from the stores is that there's no market for
recycled plastic bags.

	--Barb Madsen