E-M:/ Correct URL on PBT/TRI changes

Enviro-Mich message from "MICHAEL W. MURRAY" <MURRAY@nwf.org>

    Apologies to those having problems trying to access our PBT comments. The email message boxes sometimes have problems in wrapping long URLs, and apparently the result was an extraneous exclamation point in this case. For those interested in seeing the comments (original post is below), easiest is to go to our home page: http://www.nwf.org/greatlakes
and then click on "NWF Comments" in left margin, just below "EPA's Proposed Strategy on Persistent Bioaccumulative Toxic Pollutants"

   Mike Murray
   NWF

>>> "MICHAEL W. MURRAY" <MURRAY@nwf.org> 04/06/99 07:50pm >>>
Enviro-Mich message from "MICHAEL W. MURRAY" <MURRAY@nwf.org>

     As has been posted previously on this list, EPA is taking comments through Wednesday on proposed changes to reporting requirements for persistent bioaccumulative toxic (PBT) chemicals in the Toxics Release Inventory program (http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPA-TRI/1999/January/Day-05/tri34835.htm). These changes are part of a broader EPA strategy on PBT chemicals that the National Wildlife Federation and a number of other groups and individuals commented on in February. Our conclusions were that while a multimedia PBT strategy is needed, the draft strategy fell short of the virtual elimination goals that the Federal Government has signed on to in numerous agreements. These conclusions have implications for the PBT/TRI changes that EPA has proposed. For those interested, NWF's 19-page comment letter on the PBT strategy, endorsed by Sierra Club's Great Lakes Program, Lake Michigan Federation, and Great Lakes United, is available online at: http://www.nwf.org/greatlakes/wq/pbtst!
rat_com.html

Mike Murray
NWF