E-M:/ Fw: Neotropical Migratory Bird Act Passes Senate

Enviro-Mich message from "Tamilyn H. Sanderson" <sirdufus@freeway.net>

Hey all here's one for the republicans, notice Sen. Abraham our Michigan
Republican Senator was on the front lines of this one.  Because of this, I
thought this would be relevant for enviro mich.

Tamilyn H. Sanderson
REP America
Michigan Coordinator
GREEN District Captain
1384 Maxwell Rd
Petoskey, MI  49770
616-348-2685

>Subject: Neotropical Migratory Bird Act Passes Senate
>>     *******************************************
>>VICTORY FOR BIRDS AS MIGRATORY BIRD BILL
>>WINGS THROUGH SENATE
>>

>>WASHINGTON, DC, April 15, 1999 --- One of National Audubon's highest
>>legislative priorities, the Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act,
S.
>>148, passed the U.S. Senate by unanimous consent.
>>
>>"We must address winter habitat loss if we expect to see songbirds in our
>>backyards in the spring," said Daniel P. Beard, Senior Vice President for
>>Public Policy.  "Senator Abraham is to be commended for his leadership in
>>working to find solutions to protect winter habitat for migratory
>>songbirds."
>>
>>The legislation provides $8 million each year for Fiscal Years 2000
through
>>2002 to be used to protect bird habitat in the Caribbean and Latin
America.