E-M:/ Canada geese action alert

Enviro-Mich message from anderlik@traverse.com (Chris Anderlik)

The US Fish and Wildlife Service is about to launch a policy to exterminate
Canada geese.  We ask that you sign the petition on our web page asking the
Director of USFWS to NOT SIGN the FINAL RULE Canada Goose Special permit
that would turn over decisions about the fate of Canada geese to state game
agencies  in violation of the Migratory Bird Treaty.

Filing the petition will take less than one minute.  Please forward to all
nets without delay.
http://www.icu.com/geese/epet-fr.html     The USFWS final rule, if
implemented, would mean:

Urban hunting seasons
Canada geese facing terror, separation from mates and offspring, urban
slaughter houses
Canada goose bodies dumped at food banks as a public relations gimmick
Canada goose flesh contaminated by presence at industrial and superfund
sites pose risk to poor
Taxpayers are still forking out to "restore" Canada goose populations, now
must pay to kill them

Please sign the petition now - and forward this message everywhere!

Ann Frisch, Ph.D., National Coordinator
Coalition to Protect Canada Geese
PO Box 8254 Oshkosh WI 54903
(920) 235 2185 Voice