E-M:/ Flint Area Earth Week Events

Enviro-Mich message from AuntScarey@aol.com

Plant a free tree on Earth Day
	The Nepessing Group of the Sierra Club will distribute 1,000 white
pine seedlings free to the public at two locations on Earth Day, Thursday,
April 22.  Look for our table at Flint Farmerís Market early in the morning.
The market is at 420 East Boulevard Drive, off Robert T. Longway Blvd. just
west of I-475.  After 3 p.m. join us at Borderís Books on Miller Road in
Flint Township.

Clean up the Flint River Hiking Trail
	Join the Sierra Club Nepessing Group on Saturday, April 24 at 10 a.m.
to hike and clean up the Flint River Trail.  Meet at  Flint Farmerís Market
at 420 East Boulevard Drive, off Robert T. Longway Blvd. just west of I-475.
Bring leaf rakes, stiff-bristle brooms, dustpans, work gloves and water.
Plan on a restaurant stop afterwards.  On Sunday, April 25 at 1:30 p.m.,
weíll ride our bikes on the freshly cleaned trail, and go to a restaurant
afterwards.

	The Nepessing Group of the Sierra Club represents about 600 members
in Genesee, Lapeer and Northern Oakland Counties.  It is one of 11 active
groups comprising the Sierra Club Mackinac Chapter with about 16,000 members
throughout Michigan.  The Sierra Club is the oldest and largest volunteer
grassroots environmental organization in the U.S., with about 580,000
members. 	Meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month at 6:30
p.m. at
Mott Community College, Prahl Centerís Genesee Room, 1401 E. Court
Street in Flint.  Attendance is free of charge, non-members are welcome,
and parking is free in the MCC library lot.
	The Mission Statement of the Sierra Club, founded in 1892 by John
Muir:
	ďTo explore, enjoy and protect the wild places of the earth; to
practice and
promote the responsible use of the earthís ecosystems and resources; to
educate
and enlist humanity to protect and restore the quality of the natural and
human
environment; and to use all lawful means to carry out these objectives.Ē
-end-