Re: E-M:/ Fw: Neotropical Migratory Bird Act Passes Senate

Enviro-Mich message from Scott Heinzman <sheinzman@prodigy.net>

Senator Abraham led the way on this bill which passed
unanimously.  It is difficult not to be cynical of this.  First
it occurs to me that the magnitude of environmental importance
of this bill is on the low side.  Secondly, this smacks of pure
political manuevering.  Sen. Abraham appears to be expanding his
environmental resume.  First his endorsement of the Clean
Michigan Initiative, now this.  Partisans will use these, shall
we say modest accomplishmments and exagerate their
significance.  If my assessment is flawed, please correct me.

-Scott