Re: E-M:/ Fw: Neotropical Migratory Bird Act Passes Senate

At 09:31 PM 4/28/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Enviro-Mich message from Scott Heinzman <sheinzman@prodigy.net>
>
>Senator Abraham led the way on this bill which passed
>unanimously.  It is difficult not to be cynical of this.  First
>it occurs to me that the magnitude of environmental importance
>of this bill is on the low side.  Secondly, this smacks of pure
>political manuevering.  Sen. Abraham appears to be expanding his
>environmental resume.  First his endorsement of the Clean
>Michigan Initiative, now this.  Partisans will use these, shall
>we say modest accomplishmments and exagerate their
>significance.  If my assessment is flawed, please correct me.
>
>-Scott

If you really want to find out who pays the piper (in this
case Abraham) to do what, go to:

http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/index/S4MI00165.htm

to get the complete lowdown on which industries give
Abraham his support....perhaps you'll also begin to
understand his voting patterns....

and Community Environmental Protection

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)