E-M:/ Sustainability and Corporations

Enviro-Mich message from Scott Heinzman <sheinzman@prodigy.net>

The Metro-Detroit Alliance for Democracy (AfD) is sponsoring a
one day conference titled "Sustainability and Corporations:  Are
They Compatible?" (details below)

First of all, enviro-mich readers are invited to attend and
participate.  Please spread the word also.

Next, we're interested in definitions of sustainability, yours
or textbook.

Lastly, we're having difficulty securing industry/business
perspective panelists for the food production and the world
trade and investment agreements forums.

Thank you for any help.

-Scott Heinzman
---------------------

The Metro-Detroit Alliance for Democracy
presents

Democracy in Action

Sustainability and Corporations:
Are They Compatible?

Saturday  May 8th, 1999
10am-5pm
U-D Mercy, Southfield-Outer Drive campus
Marion Hall, Room 109

*Topics:

10-11:30 a.m. FOOD PRODUCTION

1-2:30 p.m. ENERGY

3:30-5 p.m. WORLD TRADE AND INVESTMENT AGREEMENTS

*Three topic specific forums exploring the prerequisites of
sustainability and the motives of corporations.  Forums will
consist of three panelists - a proponent of sustainability, a
representative from the business sector and an economist.  After
each panelist addresses the topic for 15 minutes, the audience
will participate with comments and questions.

More info:  Scott Heinzman 734-462-2423 (Noon-9pm);
sheinzman@prodigy.net
Harold Stokes 313-53-EARTH;  hstokes@bignet.net