E-M:/ Interested in Land Use Issues??

Enviro-Mich message from WMEACJENNY@aol.com

West Michigan Environmental Action Council

CONTACT:   Tom Leonard
        Executive Director - WMEAC
        (616) 451-3051

EVENT: FIRST FRIDAY Speaker on the Environment

SPEAKER: Marty Fluharty, Americana Foundation

SPONSOR: West Michigan Environmental Action Council

DATE:  Friday May 7, 1999

PLACE: St. Marks Church
  134 N. Division
  Grand Rapids, MI

TIME:   12 noon to 1:30 pm

COST:  Lunch $7.00 for members and $8.00 for non-members
  Free to those wishing to bring their own lunch

TOPIC:   "Intergrated Land Use Planning: Working Alone Together"

As a state, Ms. Fluharty believes we failed to seriously analyze what impact
1800 units of government, separate federal and state policies; along with a
variety of state and federal agencies making independent decisions on land
use might have on our future.  It took 20 years to overcome the relative
negative reactions to the early efforts of managing our growth and preserving
our state's magnificent natural resources.  We will hear examples of
partnerships that are making changes in how parts of Michigan will grow in
the future and some highlights of challenges yet to be addressed.

RSVP: By  Wednesday, May 5 to reserve your spot!
West Michigan Environmental Action Council
(616) 451-3051

WMEAC's "FIRST FRIDAY" is a monthly luncheon with speakers and presentations
on environmental , outdoor and related topics.  It is open to the general
public.

###