To:  Michigan Health Professionals

From:  Kenneth D. Rosenman, M.D.

Subject:  Annual Reports

The 1998 Annual Reports on Work-Related Asthma, Silicosis,
Noise-Induced Hearing Loss, and Occupational Diseases in
Michigan are now available.   The reports highlight the Michigan
Department of Consumer and Industry Services surveillance program
for occupational diseases, Project SENSOR (Sentinel Event
Notification System for Occupational Risks).

New this year is the first annual report on the MDCIS surveillance of
adult elevated blood lead levels, the ABLES (Addult Elevated
Blood Lead Epidemiology and Surveillance) Project.

The reports will be available in June, 1999 to view and/or download from
our web site:

http://www.chm.msu.edu.oem/index.htm

If you would prefer a printed copy of any or all of the reports, you may
call us and will weill be happy to mail you the report requested.   Our
toll-free telephone number is 1 800 446 7805

Also, look for highlights of the reports in our summer edition of PS NEWS.
Last year we began publishing a quarterly newsletter on work-related hearing
loss, Now Hear This;  if you would like to be on the mailing list to receive
this newsletter, please indicate your interest.

As always we are thankful for the time you have taken to report
patients with work-related conditions, and forward the appropriate
medical records.  Your key role in Michigan's surveilland of occupational
illnesses is invaluable and much appreciated.

and Community Environmental Protection

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)