E-M:/ Fwd: Pollution Prevention Workshop

Enviro-Mich message from GreenPlanet <riccawu@MNSi.Net>

> Pollution Prevention Workshop
>
> This workshop is aimed at small waste generators.
>
> Thursday, May 13, 199,
> 9:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
>
> Market Square Seville Exhibit, 2nd Floor
> 2109 Ottawa Street, (Corner of Walker Road and Ottawa Street)
> Sponsored by the City of Windsor Public Works Department
> and the Citizens Environment Alliance of SW Ontario & SE Michigan
>
> This Pollution Prevention Seminar will feature presentations from local
> business, government, and the Detroit River Clean-Up-Committee.
>
> Persistent Toxic Substances are too dangerous to the biosphere and to humans
> to permit their release in any quantity.  This workshop will update and
> inform stakeholders about  programmes to virtually eliminate  the input of
> persistent toxic substances in order to protect  human health and to ensure
> the continued health and productivity of living aquatic resources and human
> use thereof (and) the philosophy adopted for control of inputs of persistent
> toxic substances shall be zero discharge. (IJC  6th Biennial Report)
>
> Agenda:
>
> 9:00 A.M.  Registration (no cost)
>
> 9:10  Welcome and Introduction
>    * Kit Woods, Director of Pollution Control, City of Windsor
>    * Rick Coronado, Citizen's Environment Alliance
> 9:20  Keynote Speaker:  Dan Reiner, Reiner's Collision Centres
>    * Water based paints in the auto repair business
> 9:45  Pollution Prevention and Services of C2P2
>    * Marianne Lines, Canadian Centre for Pollution Prevention (C2P2)
> Best Management Practises for Businesses
>    * Fred Granek, Ontario Ministry of Environment
> 10:30  Coffee Break
>
> 10:50  Household Hazardous Waste
>    * Colleen Labute, City of Windsor
> Progress of Detroit River Clean-Up
>    * Jim Drummond, Committee Chair
> City Sewer Use By-Law
>    * Don Dukelow, City of Windsor
> Federal Policies and Programmes
>    * Shawn Michajluk, Environment Canada
> Panel Discussion/Question-Answer Session
>    * Dick Rivard, Blondie Cleaners Ltd.
>    * Dan Reiner, Reiner's Collision
>    * City of Windsor
>    * C2P2
>    * Ontario Ministry of Environment
>    * Environment Canada
> 12:30 P.M. Lunch Provided
>
> 1:00 P.M. Closing Remarks
>    * Kit Woods, Director of Pollution Control, City of Windsor
>    * Rick Coronado, Citizen's Environment Alliance
> Who should attend:  Process and Plant owners/managers, commercial,
industrial
> and institutional dischargers.
>
> The Market Square is located at the corner of Ottawa Street and Walker
Road.
> Take the escalator to the second floor and turn left at the Seville Exhibit.
>
> Call Peter Bziuk  253-7111 or Rick Coronado 973-1116 to let us know that you
> are coming in order that we can order sufficient food.

GreenPlanet Social Justice & Ecology Network
315 Pelissier Street, PO Box 548, Windsor ON  Canada,  N9A 6M6
Voice:  519-973-1116  Fax 519-973-8360
E-mail:  riccawu@mnsi.net
web page: http://www.mnsi.net/~cea