Fwd: Re: E-M:/ Ottawa National Forest Action Alert!

Mark,

Please list the benefits to wildlife that you mention, but fail to discuss.

Also, if Rolling Thunder was not named after the US bombing mission of North
Vietnam, than what was it named after?

Amused as well,

murray dailey

-- BEGIN included message

Dear Murray-

I recently visited the site of the rolling thunder timber sale on the Ottawa
national forest.  The benefits of this sale to wildlife will be many,
including some of the species you mention as being negatively affected.  We
(Forest service staff and I) also found great amusement in the notion that
the sale is named after bombing in Vietnam.  That is ridiculous.  To protect
your own credibility, I would suggest checking the validity of rumors and
habitat/wildlife interactions before disseminating information via e-mail.

Mark Banker
Wildlife Biologist