E-M:/ Re: Ecological Golf Courses?

Enviro-Mich message from ECOARTDB@aol.com

Dear Enviromich Network,

I would like to find more information about the concept of "Green" golf
courses ...that  are less polluting and energy intensive.  I can imagine
smaller greens, grass that needs less mowing and perhaps no fertilizer,
native plantings with gardens open to the public. Perhaps some of the wild
parts of the course could be developed as Forest Gardening (a Permaculture
concept), Empty Bowl Gardens, etc. I can see the course being put in at
Oakland University becoming such a "model".  Although there are certainly
many serious concerns with the building of golf courses, these strategies
would diminish the impact, and possibly lead the way toward a different
landscaping value system.

Does anyone know how to connect with information about "More Ecological" golf
courses? Are there any organizations working on this, or articles written?

                                                                     Thanks,
 Deanne Bednar