Re: E-M:/ Golf Courses -- not just about pollution

Enviro-Mich message from Thomas Nelson <tnelson@pilot.msu.edu>

I whole-heartedly second Anne's comments.  Michigan has more than enough
affordable (and not-so-affordable) golf courses, while its wildlife habitat
and green spaces are being decimated at an ungodly rate.  Nevermind the
accompanying sprawl, new golf courses created in green spaces remind me of
the neutron bomb--you still have some scenery left, but not much else.

Is there any movement in Michigan (or elsewhere) encouraging existing golf
courses to be as environmentally sensitive as possible, but, as important,
trying to limit new ones from being created?  If anyone has any information
on this, I'd be interested.  Thanks.

Tom