E-M:/ Re: Pictured Rocks Op-ed

Enviro-Mich message from AuntScarey@aol.com

<<anne.woiwode@sfsierra.sierraclub.org wrote:
There is a wonderful opinion piece by Sherry Hayden in the Detroit Free Press
today regarding Pictured Rocks.  Thanks so much Sherry for putting into words
what so many of us feel about this place!-- Anne Woiwode>>

Thanks, Anne.  It was your Free Press op-ed about Pictured Rocks several
years ago that inspired me to append my enviro efforts with others and become
a Sierra Club activist.

Anyone who wants to read the piece can find it at:
http://www.freep.com/voices/columnists/qerock6.htm
or click on:
<A HREF="http://www.freep.com/voices/columnists/qerock6.htm">Will the beauty
of Pictured Rocks National Lake
</A>
The most important info about Pictured Rocks was deleted from the web page
version.  Brian Kenner of PIRO told me public hearings will be held soon in
Michigan and Wisconsin regarding the management plan that is currently being
revised for the next decade or so.
	To be notified of public sessions to discuss plans for the lakeshore,
contact piro-superintendent@nps.gov or write Pictured Rocks National
Lakeshore, P.O. Box 40, Munising, MI  49862.  You can ask to receive the
Pictured Rocks newsletter too.
	A new draft management plan for Pictured Rocks will be posted in the
near future at www.nps.gov/piro.
For Grand Medicine (allegedly the meaning of "Michigan")
Sher