E-M:/ Petition Drive in Meridian Twp Successful

On Tuesday night, the Meridian Twp Clerk (Ingham County) confirmed that the
petitions submitted to seek a referendum on the rezoning of a property called
Newman Equities from residential to commercial was SUCCESSFUL.  The Clerk will
bring proposed ballot language and election dates to the Twp. Board in July.
The organizers are assuming the election will be held as part of the general
election in November in order to save the Twp. any costs from holding a
special election.

As one of the petition organizers, I wanted to thank the many people who
pitched in to help with this petition drive!  Now we'll move on to work on
getting the voters turned out in support of reversing this rezoning.  Thanks
again, and anyone on this list who wishes to help with the actual election is
welcome to let me know so we can involve you in the upcoming effort.

Anne Woiwode