E-M:/ New Haven Violates old standard -Reply

Enviro-Mich message from "DAVE MERKEL" <48MERDAV@menasha.com>

I am a little surprised. I was not aware that we have extremely heavy industry and massive overpopulation (ie car smog) similar to the Wayne county area, or other urban industrial complexes. Of course that would explain why the naaqs are not being met. But then again, it could be because that part of SW Michigan is relatively unpopulated, has very light industry, but just happens to be downwind of two of the dirtiest places on the planet in Indiana and Illinois. Imposing extremely strict standards on the population for minor pollutant discharge makes little sense. It makes more sense that our state go after the massively polluting ancient industry and urban overpopulation across the pond.

David Merkel