E-M:/ Fw: GreenFire Prod. Forest website with Streaming Videos

David J. Zaber
dzaber@chorus.net

Folks,

For those of you interested in internet organizing and information dissemination on environmental issues, here is a new website by an excellent group.  This is the same group that produced the video "Logs, Lies and Videotape" covering 1995's Salvage Timber Rider, considered by many to be the worst piece of anti-environmental legislation passed in the last fifty years.  (Clinton signed it, Gore agreed at the time and then, when the American Public was finally fed up, they called it a mistake).  I believe Bill Bradley was one of a few senators who worked to overturn the Salvage Rider.  (you will recall that the salvage rider suspended ALL environmental laws protecting our national forests).  Michigan had numerous logging projects proposed under the rider.  I am not sure if any salvage sales were proposed in Wisconsin.

I recommend Green Fire productions and their video work for anyone who wants to inform or be informed about the relevant ecological issues of our time.

Enjoy,

Tim Hermach
Native Forest Council
PO Box 2190