E-M:/ Michigan conference on religion & the environment

Enviro-Mich message from KWinch5940@aol.com

ANNOUNCING :  the fifth statewide conference by MECCE - the Michigan
Ecumenical Consultation on Christianity and Ecology  --

     FINDING OUR WAY,   FINDING OUR VOICE ........
     an ecumenical conference on the role of the religious community
     in environmental issues

        Sept. 17-19th, 1999  at the YMCA's Storer Camps  near Jackson, Mich.

Friends of MECCE , and those we've not yet met, we urge you to not miss this
opportunity to join with us as we gather together to learn from our guest
speakers, and one another, as we consider how we might 'find our way' and
'find our voice' in keeping the earth and in speaking out in our
congregations and society.

SPEAKERS :  Dr. Larry Rasmussen, Professor of Social Ethics, Union
Theological Seminary; author of "Earth Community, Earth Ethics;"  Dr.
Rasmussen will speak on his current research project : "Song of Songs:
Ecumenical Christianities as Earth Faiths."
                                                - AND -

Rev. Dr. Barbara Rossing, Assistant Prof of New Testament, Lutheran School of
Theology at Chicago; Dr. Rossing will speak on "The Eco-Justice Vision of the
New Testament."   (Rasmussen has referred to her doctoral work on the book of
Revelation as "path breaking").

Conference highlights include - presentations by Rasmussen and Rossing
throughout the weekend, workshops/ forums, time for reflection and
networking, conference bookstore, update on Michigan Interfaith Global
Warming Campaign, programming for children and youth, vegetarian menu,
fellowship and worship ....all this in a wonderful camp setting.

Forums include such topics as : Biblical Foundations for Earthkeeping,
Prophetic Imaginations - Prophetic Voices, Global Warming: Too Hot to
Handle?, and Awakening Your Congregation to Earthkeeping,    -- sign up for
forums when you arrive.

Lodging is dorm style; the conference will run from dinner (5:30 pm) Friday
through noon on Sunday.   This one is not to be missed, folks!

Costs - full lodge package (2 nights / 5 meals) = $120  [ only $100 with
early Registration - by Aug 1st ] ; there is also tent camping space
available  - full pkg. $75;
student prices are slightly less than the per adult prices.

REGISTRATION DEADLINE AUG. 20TH  (early reg Aug. 1st).

Contact Kim Winchell   for more info and / or reg. brochure
kwinch5940@aol.com

grace and peace!