Re: E-M:/ RED ALERT!!!!!

At 11:01 PM 6/24/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>Enviro-Mich message from "Robert E. Marshall" <ac459@tcnet.org>
>
>As I read this note, it appears to be quite significant re E-M affairs.
>Is there some policy I'm not aware of here?
>Bonsoir,

Yes, purely national alerts are off-topic on Enviro-Mich, which
is solely devoted to Michigan environmental protection and
conservation issues, citizen action on these issues, environmental
consequences of actions by Michigan elected officials, local
environmental/conservation issues in Michigan and issues
associated with Michigan industrial and resource exploitation
sites and Michigan DEQ and DNR..

This list was established with this policy in order to maintain
the focus of the list on Michigan matters.

National alerts can be made relevant to Enviro-Mich by
including significant and non-trivial Michigan content.   This
would include discussion of Michigan delegation members
that are important to the issue, specifics on how the national alert/
issue affects specific Michigan environmental/conservation
issues and Michigan natural resources, environmental
and public health problems and other relevant and
significant "Michigan-based" environmental context (i.e.
specific organizing in Michigan on a national issue
or events/meeting discussing national issues being
held in Michigan).

Without such Michigan-specific content that actually
explains the relation of the issue to Michigan, such
national alerts are off-topic on Enviro-Mich.   Posters
cannot merely assume/presume that the Michigan
connection is implicit or understood....you're going to
have to explain in the posting why such a Michigan connection
exists.

Alex Sagady
Enviro-Mich Listmanager and Volunteer
Sierra Club Mackinac Chapter
Lansing

and Community Environmental Protection

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)