Re: E-M:/ Deforestation, Dioxin, and No Commercial Logging! -Reply

EPA own figures say that 50% of the volume of landfills in this country
is paper.

We only waste paper because it's so cheap.  And it's so cheap because the
paper industry makes so much of it.  And making so much of it results in
massive environmental problems.

So try and dress it up and cover it up as much as you want, Mr. Paper
Industry Man, you still have deforestation and dioxin coming out your,
uh, pipe.

Stopping logging is the only way I know of to stop this madness.

David Orr
Sierra Club