E-M:/ new mec policy director

Enviro-Mich message from Dave Dempsey <davemec@voyager.net>

On Tuesday, July 6, James Clift becomes MEC's Policy Director.  A veteran
of more than 10 years of policy work with the Michigan State Senate, James
is also a graduate of Wayne State University Law School and a kayaker.
James replaces me in that role, while I take some time to research and
write a book.

James has an outstanding policy mind and insight into the workings of the
public policy process in Michigan, as well as a strong attachment to the
natural resources and environment of our state.  Please welcome him to MEC.
 During the transition period, I'll be available to answer questions on
past policy projects, but James is now our lead on most policy matters
outside our Land Stewardship Initiative, headed by Julie Stoneman, and our
Power Plant cleanup campaign, headed by David Wright.

Dave Dempsey
Policy Director
Michigan Environmental Council
119 Pere Marquette, Suite 2A