E-M:/ Hemp Reply

Enviro-Mich message from "Smethurst" <dsmeth@freeway.net>

Jeez!  Legalize hemp for fiber?  Wonder if there is an additional agenda?  I
grew up in Indiana. Due to the lack of manila rope from the Philippines, we
did grow hemp to replace rope during W.W.II.  The stuff grew wild along the
river bottoms when I was growing up.  Then all of sudden in the late 60's,
strangers starting taking walks along the river with machetes.

I am a school administrator.  I do not want hemp growing anywhere for any
reason.  Want to lose some more creditability for the among the general
public-go ahead and campaign for hemp to replace timber harvest.

Dave Smethurst