Re: Re: RE: E-M:/ Deforestation, Dioxin, andNoCommercialLogging!-Reply -Reply-Rep

Enviro-Mich message from "A. FRIEND" <greenscreen17@hotmail.com>

Lest enviro-mich remain one-sided - I offer the following:

1) Murph has claimed in an earlier post that (given other available options)
there is absolutely no reason for commercial or private foresting.

How about because I want to? As an individual, a corporation (or unit of
government for that matter) I have the right to use, enjoy and heaven forbid
profit from my ownership of property.  An equally (il)logical statement
would be that, given the renewable nature of the resource, there is
absolutly no reason NOT to cut the available timber on your property.

2) Corporations only make it to the Fortune 1000 by selling a lot of things
that people want to buy.  Perhaps you need to do a better job of convincing
consumers what they really want.  They appear to be confused.

3) While it is fun to blame it all on big business (see #2 on how they got
big)- I will take big business any day over big government.  The largest
company cannot raise taxes (take my money), regualte (take my freedom) or
throw me in jail.  The smallest unit of government can.

May I get an Amen?