No Subject

Enviro-Mich message from "A. FRIEND" <greenscreen17@hotmail.com>

Now this is finally getting to actually be an interesting forum.  Where we
actually discuss things from different points of view.  Who knows, we may
actually resemble somehting similar to what is described in the enviro-mich
mission statement. You know, the part about " Controversy and discussion are
explicitly invited and encouraged,but extended and counterproductive "flame
wars" should be carried out privately and not on the list as a whole."

In that spirit of balance, openess and maturity that enviro-mich is known
for, I respond...

CORPORATE EVILS - Let's look at your list.  Eminent domain, higher taxes,
tax abatements, corporate subsidies, billion dollar defence sales, leasing
of government lands and mineral rights.  Hmmm... thank you for making my
point. All of these evils are made possible only through government action.
Guess what, I don't like the above mentioned list either.

As far as "destroying the environment and other cultures because the buying
public wants or needs more stuff".  I am all for less stuff.   What do you
propose - a law limiting stuff citizens of the world are allowed to have
(and the creation of the stuff police to enforce) or (as my original post
suggested) convincing people that they really don't want stuff and
convincing "other cultures" they really don't want our factories and the
"prosperity" that comes with them?  Good luck.  Actually there is a growing
movement of folks who have voluntarily simplified their life and are doing
fine with less stuff.  Unfortunately, this movement is currently only 2-5%
of the U.S. population.  The rest of the world has responded by saying "it
must be nice to live a country where you actually get to CHOOSE how much
stuff to have".

PRIVATE PROPERTY RANTS AND RAVES - First, you can't dismiss these principals
with (ironically)calling it simplistic drivil. It is the intellectual
equilivant of calling me a stupid face.  Second, if we are to pretend that
individual rights do not exist - then you can't complain about corporations
or the government taking your health, home, money, etc.  Darn.

ANONOMOUS POSTING - All I say is "Boo Hoo". Welcome to the internet.
Actually the use of pen names is a time honored tradition for those who
don't want to deal with personal (or professional) attacks for having
"original" thought.  Privacy is another one of those old fashioned freedoms
that some of us charsih. In fact, I encourage others to subscribe to a free
email service so that the debate here can be enlarged and enjoined.  I make
no apologies. In fact, it makes it all the more fun knowing it bugs you.

Sincerly,

John Smith and Sam Jones