Re: E-M:/ Alert: Wetlands

Enviro-Mich message from Jonathan P Kazmierski <jkazmier@umich.edu>

Has there been any effort to gather new data showing how much wetland area
is left in Michigan?  I would think that we are well past the 50% mark
now!  It would be interesting to know the % loss since the Engler
Administration took office.  Since the DNR split?

> Of Michigan's estimated original 11,200,000 acres of wetlands,
 circa 1780, only 5,583,400 acres are estimated to remain as of the 1980s,
 a net loss of 50%.

Any insight would be much appreciated,

Jon Kazmierski