E-M:/ MDEQ-Guardian of the environment or protector of special interests?

Enviro-Mich message from RobC313@aol.com

In preparation for the upcoming public hearing on the weakening of the permit
standards for the City Medical Waste Incinerator in Hamtramck, I was trying
to get a feeling for the MDEQ that put the consent agreement together that
not only weakened the mercury standard but cut the fines for violations and
allows for unlimited delays in testing.

Could folks on this list search their memories and think of anything else
that the Engler Harding DEQ has done to exemplify their "pro business
anti-environmental- stick it to the people" regulatory style?

I know there was the time Harding had the chemical industry write his
opinions, and then there is Humburg Marsh,  the ozone lawsuit, the peat bog,
and I'm sure a few others.  If any of you have first hand experience with any
of these or other shenanigans I would appreciate a single paragraph
explaining each           (including those mentioned and more) I will use
them for a neighborhood discusions to educate those that may feel that the
MDEQ is actually protecting our environment. Because this is an air emission
issue paragraphs about the Air Quality Division are preferred but I welcome
all comments

Thank you for taking a moment to help.

HEAT - Rob Cedar
Hamtramck Environmental Action Team