E-M:/ Thompson -McCully in Whitmore Lake

Enviro-mich,
At the Green Oak Township Zoning Board of Appeals meeting on August 17 at 7:30 pm they will address the Whitmore Lake (SE Livingston County) Thompson - McCully's request to raise their stack 95' in response to a 901 violation (odor nuisance) they received last year.  A group of activists have been working long term to address this asphalt facility's impact on the surrounding community and have been successful in having the amount of air pollution produced reduced.  Please attend this meeting if you live in the area and have an opinion. Only ongoing dilligence by citizens to support the township leaders in controling this industry will insure the best possible behavior by this company, in my opinion.  If you are interested in this issue email me at dsok1@ismi.net and I would be happy to share any information I have.  The meeting will be held at the Green Oak Township Hall on Silver Lake Rd. in South Lyon east of US 23.

Sue Kelly
Crossroads Group
Sierra Club