Re: E-M:/ Sierra Club does not support Jeffords bill

Please note that, here in Michigan, the person whose message is below is not
authorized to speak for the Sierra Club.   The only people
authorized to speak for the Sierra Club here in the Great Lakes
State are the Chapter staff and the leadership structure of Michigan
volunteers of the
Mackinac Chapter of the Sierra Club, as well as staff/volunteers associated
with
the Great Lakes office of the Sierra Club.

The leadership structure of the Chapter includes the Chapter Executive Committee
and its Conservation Committee, as well as other individuals, committees and
task forces specifically authorized by the Executive Comittee acting in
concert with
our dedicated and hard working chapter staff.

The individual below, who to the best of my knowledge is a resident of Arizona,
is not authorized to speak for the Sierra Club here in Michigan.

Alex Sagady, Enviro-Mich List Manager
Chair, Information Systems Committee
Sierra Club Mackinac Chapter

At 03:04 PM 08/19/1999 EDT, you wrote:
>Enviro-Mich message from DavidOrr@aol.com
>
>Just so that folks on this list are not misled:
>
>The Sierra Club does not support the Jeffords energy bill.  The Club has
>a new policy opposing pollution trading credits.  Jeffords' bill would
>extend and further institutionalize this practice.
>
>David Orr
>

>[FOR ALEX SAGADY: This message is posted for the benefit of people living
>in the State of Michigan and elsewhere.]

and Community Environmental Protection

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)