Re: E-M:/ Sierra Club policy is Sierra Club policy, why getpersonal?

Enviro-Mich message from "Charles Cubbage" <CubbageC@state.mi.us>

Mr. Orr,
The arrogance you display with your comment about the issue being "none of Alex Sagady's business" damages your credibilty.   While I understand the dialogue that has occurred, Alex's job is to keep the BB focused on Mich issues.  He rarely speaks up re the content of the dialogues that go on unless he cannot see the Mich connection.  If he errs it is unusual.  You will scarcely find a more dedicated environmental advocate.  You owe him an apology.

Incidentally, I concur with the caveats listed in the Sierra Club policy re trading.  They are wise precautions.

Chuck Cubbage

>>> <DavidOrr@aol.com> 08/19 10:00 PM >>>
Enviro-Mich message from DavidOrr@aol.com

Mr. Alex Sagady is suggesting that I am trying to speak "for" the Sierra
Club.  I never said such a thing.  Mr. Sagady is over-reacting. What I
did say, and what I will say again, is this: the Sierra Club has taken a
neutral stand on the Jeffords bill.  This is a fact and may be verified
through the usual Sierra Club official channels.

It matters not in the least what my place of residence is, and I find it
interesting that Mr. Sagady seems to be so concerned with a subject which
is none of his business.

Sincerely,
David Orr

[NOTE:  The above comment is in direct response to unwarranted personal
criticism  of me by Alex Sagady, the Mackinac Chapter's Enviro-Mich
listowner.  This message contains accurate information which is relevant
to Sierra Club members in the State of Michigan and the Sierra Club as a
whole and is therefore in compliance with the Michigan-specific content
requirement for submission to the Enviro-Mich listserv.]