E-M:/ Seattle Times Pesticide use and children's health UW study aims to gauge the da

Folks,

Did you know that children of agricultural workers are exposed to pesticides at far greater rates then children in the general population?

Here is a URL for a Seattle Times story regarding new research on the pesticide - human poisoning - environmental degradation problem that may be of interest to those of you who are working to reduce pesticide use in the Great Lakes region.

There is specific mention of methyl Parathion and azinphos-methyl, two organophosphate insecticides which have been targeted for use reductions by the USEPA.

Seems to me that the agricultural producer and worker are once again bearing the costs of producing our nation's food supply.

 http://www.seattletimes.com/news/local/html98/pest_19990822.html

Seattle