E-M:/ Public hearing on incinerator mercury standard-Hamtramck Aug 25th

Enviro-Mich message from RobC313@aol.com

There is still time to plan to attend tomorrow's  very important public
hearing in Hamtramck.  The MDEQ wants to weaken the standards on a medical
incinerator that has been in violation for the last 8 years.  In just another
example of Engler and Harding dumping on the environment they want to weaken
the mercury standard by more than a hundred-fold and totally eliminate
standards for PCBs and arsenic.

Don't they know we all have to breath the same air? Don't they understand
that we already have fish advisories for mercury?  Don't they know there are
safer alternatives to the incineration of medical waste?

 Please support clean air.  Tell the MDEQ that we want less pollution not
more! Wednesday August 25th  at 7:00 PM in  the Hamtramck  High School
Cafeteria.  Come at 6:30 for a pre-hearing unity-gathering with puppets and
music .

The High School is at 11410 Charest, if you would like a map let me know

See you there

Rob Cedar
HEAT-Hamtramck Environmental Action Team