Re: E-M:/ Public hearing on incinerator mercury standard-Hamtramck Aug 25th

At 11:42 PM 08/23/1999 EDT, RobC313  wrote from within a cloud of mercury
vapors:

>Enviro-Mich message from RobC313@aol.com
>

>There is still time to plan to attend tomorrow's  very important public
>hearing in Hamtramck.  The MDEQ wants to weaken the standards on a medical
>incinerator that has been in violation for the last 8 years.  In just another
>example of Engler and Harding dumping on the environment they want to weaken
>the mercury standard by more than a hundred-fold and totally eliminate
>standards for PCBs and arsenic.

Last I heard this medical waste incinerator was owned by some
entity controlled by Tony Soave, who happens to be a big time
Republican and Democratic campaign contributor.  (although
Soave looks like he's leaning more Republican these days by
his contributions).....

Here are Soave's and his relatives' contributions (hard and soft money)....
This information is from...

http://www.opensecrets.org

Soave is also Mr. Budweiser in Michigan through
M and M distributing, the sponsor of all of those
Budweiser frog commercials aimed at kids.....

                 48 records found.

                 SEARCH CRITERIA:
                 Donor name: Soave
                 Election cycle(s): 2000 1998 1996 1994
                 (Soft money only.)

                 Contributor
                                     Occupation
                                                             Date
                                                                     Amount
ecipient
                 SOAVE, ANTHONLY L
                 DETROIT, MI 48207
                                     SOAVE ENTERPRISES LLC
                                                             09/01/1998
                                                                      $5,000
aintain the Majority Cmte
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY
                 DETROIT, MI 48207
                                     CITY MANAGEMENT
                                                             05/31/1995
                                                                       $250
omney, Ronna
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY
                 DETROIT, MI 48207
                                     CITY MANAGEMENT CORP
                                                             04/18/1996
                                                                      $2,926
ichigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers
                                                                           Assn
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY
                 DETROIT, MI 48207
                                     CITY MANAGEMENT CORP
                                                             08/08/1997
                                                                      $1,000
nollenberg, Joe
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY
                 DETROIT, MI 48207
                                     CITY MANAGEMENT CORP
                                                             10/23/1997
                                                                       $500
ichigan Republican State Cmte
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY
                 DETROIT, MI 48207
                                     CITY MGT
                                                             07/20/1994
                                                                       $300
arlinga, Carl J
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY
                 DETROIT, MI 48207
                                     SOAVE ENTERPRISES
                                                             08/18/1998
                                                                      $1,000
almer, Brian Paul
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY
                 DETROIT, MI 48207
                                     SOAVE ENTERPRISES
                                                             09/30/1998
                                                                      $5,000
aintain the Majority Cmte
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY
                 GROSSE POINTE, MI 48236
                                     CITY MANAGEMENT CORP
                                                             12/21/1995
                                                                      $1,000
icholson, James B
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY
                 GROSSE POINTE, MI 48236
                                     CITY MANAGEMENT CORPORATI
                                                             09/14/1996
                                                                      $1,000
hrysler, Dick
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY
                 GROSSE POINTE FARM, MI
                 48236
                                     CITY MANAGEMENT
                                                             07/17/1996
                                                                      $1,000
eintz, Susan
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY
                 GROSSE POINTE FARM, MI
                 48236
                                     CITY MANAGEMENT CORP
                                                             09/21/1994
                                                                      $5,000
ity Management Corp
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY
                 GROSSE POINTE FARM, MI
                 48236
                                     CITY MANAGEMENT CORPORATION
                                                             04/27/1993
                                                                      $5,000
ity Management Corp
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY
                 GROSSE POINTE FARM, MI
                 48236
                                     CITY MANAGEMENT CORPORATION
                                                             03/20/1995
                                                                      $5,000
ity Management Corp
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY
                 GROSSE POINTE FARM, MI
                 48236
                                     CITY MANAGEMENT CORPORATION
                                                             09/12/1996
                                                                      $5,000
ity Management Corp
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY
                 GROSSE POINTE FARM, MI
                 48236
                                     SOAVE ENTERPRISES
                                                             06/29/1998
                                                                      $1,000
nollenberg, Joe
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY
                 GROSSE PTE FARMS, MI
                 48236
                                     CITY MANAGEMENT CORP
                                                             06/27/1994
                                                                      $5,000
ity Management Corp
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY L
                 DETROIT, MI 48207

                                                             01/19/1996
                                                                      $2,000
ational Republican Congressional
                                                                           Cmte
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY L
                 DETROIT, MI 48207
                                     CITY MANAGEMENT
                                                             07/29/1994
                                                                      $1,000
braham, Spencer
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY L
                 DETROIT, MI 48207
                                     CITY MANAGEMENT
                                                             09/16/1996
                                                                      $1,000
eintz, Susan
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY L
                 DETROIT, MI 48207
                                     SOAVE ENTERPRISES
                                                             10/19/1998
                                                                      $2,500
uilding Our Bases (BOBS) PAC
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY L
                 DETROIT, MI 48207
                                     SOAVE ENTERPRISES
                                                             10/28/1998
                                                                      $2,500
uilding Our Bases (BOBS) PAC
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY L
                 DETROIT, MI 48207
                                     SOAVE ENTERPRISES LLC
                                                             02/26/1998
                                                                       $500
pirit of America
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY L
                 DETROIT, MI 48207
                                     SOAVE ENTERPRISES LLC
                                                             07/09/1998
                                                                      $1,000
cCain, John
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY L
                 DETROIT, MI 48207
                                     SOAVE ENTERPRISES LLC
                                                             03/31/1999
                                                                      $1,000
ush, George W
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY L
                 GROSSE POINTE, MA 48236
                                     CITY MANAGEMENT CORP
                                                             11/11/1993
                                                                      $1,000
ephardt, Richard A
                 SOAVE, ANTHONY L
                 GROSSE POINTE FARM, MI
                 48236
                                     KALAMAZOO BEER DISTRIBUTING
                                     CO
                                                             06/17/1994
                                                                      $1,000
ajority Leader's Victory Fund
                 Soave, Anthony Mr.
                 Detroit, MI 48207
                                     Soave Enterprises
                                                             10/31/1998
                                                                      $1,000
ickey, Thomas Lee
                 SOAVE, ANTONIO
                 TROY, MI 48084

                                                             10/06/1998
                                                                      $1,000
mericans for a Republican Majority
                 SOAVE, ANTONIO J
                 TROY, MI 48084

                                                             06/13/1995
                                                                       $250
ramm, Phil
                 SOAVE, ANTONIO J
                 TROY, MI 48084

                                                             09/27/1995
                                                                      $1,000
ole, Bob
                 SOAVE, DARLENE
                 GROSSE POINTE FARM, MI
                 48236
                                     CITY MANAGEMENT CORPORATION
                                                             09/12/1996
                                                                      $5,000
ity Management Corp
                 SOAVE, DARLENE
                 GROSSE POINTE FARM, MI
                 48236
                                     HOMEMAKER
                                                             07/18/1996
                                                                      $1,000
eintz, Susan
                 SOAVE, DARLENE
                 GROSSE POINTE FARM, MI
                 48236
                                     HOMEMAKER
                                                             08/08/1997
                                                                      $1,000
nollenberg, Joe
                 SOAVE, DARLENE
                 GROSSE POINTE FARM, MI
                 48236
                                     HOMEMAKER
                                                             06/29/1998
                                                                      $1,000
nollenberg, Joe
                 SOAVE, DARLENE
                 GROSSE POINTE FARM, MI
                 48236
                                     HOMEMAKER
                                                             09/30/1998
                                                                     $10,000
aintain the Majority Cmte
                 SOAVE, DARLENE D
                 DETROIT, MI 48207

                                                             10/05/1998
                                                                     -$1,000
aintain the Majority Cmte
                 SOAVE, DARLENE D
                 GROSSE POINTE, MI 48236
                                     HOMEMAKER
                                                             10/28/1998
                                                                      $5,000
uilding Our Bases (BOBS) PAC
                 SOAVE, DARLENE D
                 GROSSE POINTE FARM, MI
                 48236
                                     HOMEMAKER
                                                             03/02/1994
                                                                       $250
omney, Ronna Eileen
                 SOAVE, DARLENE D
                 GROSSE POINTE FARM, MI
                 48236
                                     HOMEMAKER
                                                             09/16/1996
                                                                      $1,000
eintz, Susan
                 SOAVE, DARLENE D
                 GROSSE POINTE FARM, MI
                 48236
                                     HOMEMAKER
                                                             03/31/1999
                                                                      $1,000
ush, George W
                 Soave, Darlene Mrs.
                 Grosse Point Farms, MI 48236
                                     None
                                                             10/31/1998
                                                                      $1,000
ickey, Thomas Lee
                 SOAVE, DOMINIC
                 LIVONIA, MI 48152

                                                             06/04/1996
                                                                       $250
omney, Ronna
                 SOAVE, DOMINICK
                 LIVONIA, MI 48152

                                                             06/04/1998
                                                                       $250
ational Republican Congressional
                                                                           Cmte
                 SOAVE, LEO
                 LIVONIA, MI 48152
                                     PRONTO PIZZA
                                                             06/15/1994
                                                                      $1,000
ichigan Republican State
ommittee
                 SOAVE, TONY
                 DETROIT, MI 48207
                                     CITY MANAGEMENT CORP
                                                             12/02/1997
                                                                      $1,000
mith, Nick
                 SOAVE, TONY
                 DETROIT, MI 48207
                                     CITY MANAGEMENT CORP
                                                             12/02/1997
                                                                      $1,000
mith, Nick
                 SOAVE, TONY
                 DETROIT, MI 48207
                                     CITY MANAGEMENT CORP
                                                             02/04/1998
                                                                       $500
mith, Nick

                 2000 cycle data downloaded from FEC on June 1, 1999. Date
of request: August 24, 1999

and Community Environmental Protection

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)