E-M:/ Reminder: Pictured Rocks GMP meetings this week

Folks:

This was posted before, but I know my brain goes on strike the last weeks of
August, so I thought a reminder might be useful. For those of you who are
willing to forego social occasions to speak out about the management of the
spectacular Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, here is the list of meetings
with locations and times for the initial "scoping" phase of the Pictured Rocks
National Lakeshore's revision of its General Management Plan.  You can ALSO
send in written comments, verbal comments by phone, email comments, etc., AND
there will be additional opportunities for input as the process moves forward.

FRIDAY, AUGUST 27   7-9  p.m.
     NOVI -- Double Tree Inn, 2700 Sheraton Drive

SATURDAY, AUGUST 28   4-6 p.m.
     GRAND RAPIDS -- Comfort Inn, Airport  4155 28th Street

MONDAY, AUGUST 30   7-9 p.m.
     GRAND MARAIS -- Grand Marais Recreation Center

TUESDAY, AUGUST 31   7-9 p.m.
     MARQUETTE -- Holiday Inn, 1951 US-41 West

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1   7-9 p.m.
     GREEN BAY, WI -- Ramada Inn, 2750 Ramada Way

Contact Pictured Rocks by phone at (906) 387-2607 for more information.

Anne Woiwode
Sierra Club