Re: E-M:/ Medwaste incinerator hearing

Enviro-Mich message from RobC313@aol.com

The hearing is tonight and yes I will post a report no later than tomorrow,
better yet, come and be informed in person. It's at 7 PM at Hamtramck High
School and may well establish precedent on the standards for all medical
waste in Michigan and perhaps beyond as we are challenging not only the local
incinerator permit but the state and fed MACT rules they are based upon. For
example we all agree (as does the Washing D.C. appellate court) that the 550
micrograms of mercury per cubic meter is a bad standard. Tonight we will
challenge that standard while insisting upon the 3 micrograms as properly
calculated in the NDRC recommendations.

All are invited- all are welcome

need a map? let me know

Rob