Re: E-M:/ trading nightmares -Reply

Enviro-Mich message from "DAVE MERKEL" <48MERDAV@menasha.com>

Dave,

I still fail to understand why people such as yourself make these types of personal attacks. What is the end result you have in mind by doing this? Does it expand our collective understanding? Does it further relationships and partnerships? Does it galvanize the masses to want a better environment? Are you happy being that way?

 And then you fail to mention that you too are a polluter. Yes, Dave, even you. Heck, I bet you are friends with some polluters yourself. Come on, admit it...you like some polluters. Hey, guess what? We are all polluters! Every one of us. The holier than thou attitude of some of these posts is revulsive, unnecessarily demeaning, and belittles the real "in the trenches" struggles some are making for a better environment. I hope this is the result you intended.

David Merkel

>>> "Dave Dempsey" <davemec@voyager.net> 08/26/99 08:04pm >>>
Enviro-Mich message from "Dave Dempsey" <davemec@voyager.net>

You're apparently a friend of polluters, so you should change your e-mail
address to be honest with the readers.

I won't bother to dignify most of your nit-picks.  Yes, I oppose the
Clinton-Gore proposal for trading.  I do not observe orthodoxy in the way
you apparently do.

If you don't understand what has happened to Michigan's once-proud
environmental programs and agencies, it's impossible to explain it to you.

I await your invitation to promote tougher enforcement, clean manufacturing
processes, zero discharge of toxic pollutants that harm the development of
children, and land stewardship policies on whatever electronic lists you
inhabit.