Re: E-M:/ Question About State-Owned Land

Enviro-Mich message from Jonathan P Kazmierski <jkazmier@umich.edu>

I share the same concerns.  Over the last 10 years, I've watched the
Roscommon State Forest, just west of West Branch, be clear-cut, fragmented
with roads, and now, sold off to developers (I'm told to Engler's
brother!!!) who are putting in trailer parks and small housing
developments.  What gives?  I thought these were public forests.  Can
anyone shed light on the Roscommon State Forest history?  Doesn't the DNR
have to go through a public comment period before handing over land to
private developers?

Confused and Concerned,

Jon Kazmierski