Re: E-M:/ Question About State-Owned Land

Enviro-Mich message from "Tim Flynn" <tflynn@freeway.net>

Jon and Dave,

You have to ask yourself what is abuse?   I surely felt abused when I went
to every public input event offered by the DNR, especially the "compartment
review" that was, I thought, suppose to set management direction for these
areas, and I never heard mention of land sales or leases.   I missed the one
time reference in the DNR calendar, which of course may have been years ago,
therefore I get no input.

The folks that know the most about the land are usually locals or citizen's
interested enough to attend public forums regarding DNR management.   They
should be noticed directly.   In addition, sales and leased should be
approved at compartment reviews or in larger scale management plans.   I
would term the failure to do so; abuse.

Tim Flynn