E-M:/ Re: Engineers in MDEQ's Director's office

Forwarded bounced message......

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 10:29:53 -0400 (EDT)
From: Karen Griggs <kgriggs@kettering.edu>
To: "A. FRIEND" <greenscreen17@hotmail.com>
cc: ajs@sagady.com, enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
Subject: credibility

Dear friends,
 Part of * netiquette, * the system of courtesy that Internet
communicators have observed, includes signing all e-mail messages. We need
to use our full names and URLs , so that readers will be able to verify
the authorship.
 Credibility, the "good character" of the author, is enhanced by a
complete identification. The opposite would be anonymous mail.
 It is important to identify the writer of each e-mail message.
Frankly, "a friend" could be an expert at public information or a
scoundrel. How would we know who wrote the e-mail (see below) about the
credentials of public administrators? Would it be a partisan attack? We
simply need to sign all messages and provide the URL below.
 Thanks.
Karen Griggs
Flint, Michigan
kgriggs@kettering.edu