Re: E-M:/ The Unmasking of Greenscreen17 contest

Enviro-Mich message from "Grant Trigger" <GRT@honigman.com>

This electronic message and all contents contain information from the law firm of
Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn which may be privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure.  The information is intended to be for the
addressee only.  If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution or
use of the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you have received this
electronic message in error, please notify us immediately and destroy the original
message and all copies.

Since you know who I am - maybe a point of perspective is in order.  This exchange has been a bit of a chuckle from a distance but the identity issue seems to overlook the point.  As an engineer I have an affinity for the technical side of the analysis but do not pretend to suggest that technicians have a monoply on wisdom.  It woiuld seem the point is that if DEQ brass are subject to question merely becasue they are not technicians then Ms Browner, Ms Pollack and (I think) the new EPA Reg V administrator may also be subject to the same question.  But isn't the issue whether they are capable policy makers and administrators?

At 10:47 AM 09/15/1999 -0400, you wrote:

Karen Griggs wrote:

>Frankly, "a friend" could be an expert at public information or a
>scoundrel. How would we know who wrote the e-mail (see below) about the
>credentials of public administrators? Would it be a partisan attack? We
>simply need to sign all messages and provide the URL below.

One thing is for sure about Greenscreen17@hotmail.com......

....I previously disclosed that Greenscreen was a state employee....

But now, after talking with the SYSTEM ADMINISTRATORS in both
the Michigan Department of Management and Budget and Michigan
Department of Environmental Quality, I can now say unequivocally
that  Mr. or Ms. Greenscreen is, without any question at all,
an employee of the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality.

Mr. Greenscreen's libelous and defamatory attack is also clearly
out of bounds with the rules of this list.   This may just provide me
with the ammunition needed to make a case of internet abuse and
abuse of system resources of the State of Michigan that would allow me to
actually get
the system people to identify Greenscreen once and for all based
on the time of his posting and URL use history.

So I'm doubling the prize to $50 to the first person who unmasks
Greenscreen 17 (other than Mr. G, himself) and reveals the
true identity of Mr/Ms G.

and Community Environmental Protection

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)