Re: E-M:/ Engineers in MDEQ's Director's office

Enviro-Mich message from "Bonnie Shupe" <BONNIES@cannontwp.org>

I agree that one does not need to have an engineering degree to head an agency which relies on engineering data.  One only needs to recognize the need to hire good consultants and then be willing to listen to their advice.
I am a "part-time" watershed administrator who has an elementary teaching degree with a French major.  I give all credit for any success I may have to all the wonderful experts I "partner" with.  I am humble enough to realize I don't have the background to charge ahead on a project without consulting them.  That's one of the reason I enjoy this enviro-mich service so much.  You are all wonderful teachers.
Bonnie Shupe