Re: E-M:/ Engineers in MDEQ's Director's office

Enviro-Mich message from "David Zaber" <dzaber@chorus.net>

Folks,

This has been a useful give and take on the issue of
degrees/qualifications/experiences etc. when it comes to whether someone is
capable or not (in their jobs).  It is certainly something many students
grapple with when deciding on what to focus their studies upon.

>From my own experiences on hazardous wastes, toxic pollutants, and forest
issues, I can safely say that many people have something useful to add to
the debate.  Information from many disciplines must be gathered if we are to
solve complex and dynamic ecological issues in a manner that truly protects
biological diversity, preserves and enhances human dignity and freedom and
allows the spirit of humanity to prosper.

I am sort of flumoxed (yes, I have wanted to use that word in a sentence for
some time now) as to the reluctance of anyone to add their name to their own
messages however (that means you, Mr./Mrs/Ms. Friend).  After all, if you
stand behind what you say, then why not stand behind what you say?

Lastly, (lastly?), I want to thank all of Michigan's Representatives who
voted for the Shay's Meehan campiagn finance reform bill yesterday in the US
House of Representatives.  This is a major step forward for stopping the
hemorrage of so-called soft money to political campaigns and it is a good
sign.  Now, off to the US Senate.

Best wishes,

Dave

David J. Zaber