E-M:/ Section 4 Lake

Enviro-Mich message from "Teena Prince" <prince@semcog.org>

I'm interested in gaining information regarding the history and research going on at Section 4 Lake. It is located north/east of Gaylord in Makinaw State Forest land. It is east of the city of Vanderbilt and north of E. Sturgeon Valley Rd. It is just east of Pigeon River and south of Grass Lake. It can be found on a detailed map of Michigan's northern tip. This past weekend while hiking the shingle Mill Pathway, I came across it. It has a bright teal/blue tint and looks very much out of place in the natural environment. There were signs posted for no fishing or camping near it. The only information I could get was that environmental scientists were doing some research. I would like to know more. Is this some sort of testing place? The name is also out of place being titled Section 4. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.