E-M:/ National Forest Protection and Restoration Act Meetings -- Sept. 22 - Ann Arbor, Sept. 23 - Kalamazoo

Enviro-Mich message from Doug Cornett <drcornet@up.net>

National Forest Protection and Restoration Act Meetings

September 22, 1999 - Ann Arbor
University of Michigan School of Natural Resources
Dana Building
7:30 pm

September 23, 1999 - Kalamazoo
Univerity of Western Michigan
3512 Knauss Hall
7:30 pm

Jake Kreilick, Campaign Coordinator for the National Forest Protection
Alliance, will be at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, September 22,
1999, for a presentation on the current status of the National Forest
Protection and Restoration Act (NFPRA).  Jake will be showing a new video
on NFPRA, produced for the Sierra Club.

The NFPRA will end commercial logging in our National Forests and redirect
funds currently being used to log our forests for restoration and worker
retraining.  Currently, NFPRA has over 70 co-sponsors in the US House of
Representatives.

On September 23, 1999, Jake Kreilick will be joined with Frank Ambrose of
the American Lands Alliance for another NFPRA presentation at Western
Michigan.

Join Jake and Frank and find out how YOU can get involved in furthering the
National Forest Protection and Restoration Act in Michigan!